Optaglio presents a unique anti-counterfeit solution preventing counterfeiting of security documents by using OVDot® within the paper structure itself, to safeguard the authenticity of the documents. Metallic micro particles are uniformly dispersed in the paper surface with required density. They contain a variable code and holographic image originated in high resolution. Particles are typically hexagonaly shaped with a size of 200 μm carrying 2 variable alphanumeric codes.
• unique e-beam production technology
• no limitations of printing technology
• variable density of OVDot® per square area
• hexagon shaped OVDot® in sizes form 150–200 μm
• alphanumerical coding containing 2 characters
• simple authentication control
• high temperature and chemical resistance of OVDot®
• possible forensic identiﬁcation of burned documents
The described properties determine potential application of paper with OVDot® particles for from high security government documents, ID cards, passports etc. up to industrial application for protection of brands. Optaglio can provide a customer specific solution either by producing the finished paper or by providing the application technologies to a security printhouse.